Born in Tupelo, Mississippi on January 8, 1935, Elvis reached the American dream and became the ultimate rock star and idol of the 1950's, 60's and 70's.
More than 35 years after his death, Elvis memorabilia and collectible items remain desirable.
Serious fans and collectors especially seek Elvis owned items. Recently his grave (the original grave, before his remains were moved to Graceland) was auctioned.
This list reveals some of the most unusual and strange items sold and collected, including a watch valued at $13,000 given to Elvis Christmas 1976 by his manager, Tom Parker.
1. A sample of hair from Elvis Presley is displyed at the Leslie Hindman auction house October 15, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois. From the collection of Gary Pepper a long-time Elvis friend and president of one of his first fan clubs. The hair which has an auction estimate of $8-12 thousand is believed to be from Elvis' Army haircut.
2. Elvis Presley's signed and inscribed television that the Kikng shot with his gun at Gotta Have It! store on April 24, 2013 in New York City.
3. A Mercedes-Benz 600 Saloon Limousine formerly owned by Elvis Presley is displayed in Mercedes-Benz World prior to its auction on December 6, 2010 in Weybridge, England. Elvis Presley took delivery of the car in 1968 whilst living in Beverly Hills.
4. Elvis Presley wore the peacock jump suit in an October 1974 San Antonio, TX concert. It was sold for a whopping $300,000 in July 24, 2008 in New York City.
5. An autographed pair of Elvis Presley's original Blue Suede Shoes and a photo of him autographing them on auction at Gotta Have It! store on March 21, 2012 in New York City.
6. Elvis Presley's gun license application showing his finger prints is displayed at the Idea Generation Gallery on September 3, 2008 in London. They are the only known certified fingerprints of Elvis. They remain unsold.
7. The original blue prints for the sound system installation for Elvis Presley's Graceland and his Dr. 'Nick's home nearby. These were owned by the sound system installer in Memphis, Tennessee.
8. Elvis Presley Owned and Worn Blue Jacket is on display at the Gotta Have It!'s Rock & Roll Pop Culture Auction Press Preview at the Gotta Have It! store on October 6, 2010 in New York City. This blue jacket is from the 1960s.
9. A leather motorcycle jacket by Harley Davidson owned by Elvis Presley is seen at a press preview of the Pop Culture auction at Christie's June 20, 2008 in New York City.
10. A 1976 Rolex watch, given to Elvis Presley by his manager, Colonel Tom Parker is shown at Christie's on November 23, 2012 in London, England.
source: examiner.com - Jack Dennis